Wednesday, November 3, 2010

We have so much, that we can share!

In light of my favorite holiday coming up I thought I'd write a thankful post. A whole post without sarcasm? Well I'll try. I was going to write a list of the things I'm most thankful for; the gospel, my family, my friends, school, America, etc. However I hope you all know that I'm thankful for those things, so here are some random things that I love (and I'm thankful for them):

1. Getting letters in the mail. Barbara's always have hilarious stories and awesome aliases, Bridget's include games, Christine's are always longer than 10 pages, and missionary letters are just awesome!
2. Sitting by the fire reading Christmas stories. (Bonus = hot chocolate)
3. Waking up Sunday morning to a clean house.
4. Big, baggy sweatshirts. I have this routine where as soon as I'm done with school the sweater comes off and the big hoodie goes on.
5. Tootsie Rolls. Best. Candy. Ever.
6. The electric blanket in my bed. Love it.
7. Puzzles.
8. Sleeping in fresh, clean sheets.
9. Hot cars. Maybe Jessie and I will sometimes just sit in the carport postponing getting out.
10. Hearing the nieces and nephews say my name.
11. Bookstores. I hate shopping, but I could spend hours in there.
12. Skype.
13. Family dinners at Aunt Margaret's. Perfect meat, mashed potatoes, rolls, and plenty of desserts. Oh yeah, good company too.
14. Singing with family. I have so many wonderful memories gathered around the piano learning our new caroling song, or the song we were going to sing in church, or making up our own Sound of Music medley (oh boy that was embarrassing.)
15. The love of traveling that was passed down from my grandma, Mutti, to my mom, to me.
16. Beautiful fall days. Fall is the best season. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong.
17. "The nice feeling I get in Sunday School."
18. Phone calls with siblings. Recently I was especially touched when my little brother called me because he heard I was having a bad day. What a gem.
19. The end of really productive days. Even though they may seem hectic I love sitting at the end and thinking, hmm....I just accomplished a lot.
20. Babysitting. It's like playing mom. I'm especially thankful the Nelsons always let me watch their kids. I've loved babysitting for them for almost 7 years! I love watching them grow up and I'm glad I get to be a small part of their lives.
21. Beautiful scores. Also, Handel's Messiah.
22. Coloring. I have this recent fetish with coloring. It's a little weird.
23. Random memories of Jerusalem that pop in my head.
24. Watching Disney movies. Preferably animated.
25. It waited until yesterday to snow. I'm very thankful for that.

4 comments:

  1. Wow I don't even know where to start. Great post. I would comment on all my favorites, but I absolutely love almost all of the things you wrote about. I was thinking about us singing Sound of Music just the other day and totally started laughing! And I love your #17. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have to steal this post idea---just so you know:)

    I loved it! I love getting letters from you, too. And I vote we do #2 together on Thanksgiving night. We can read 'Best Christmas Pageant Ever!'

    And I totally have a heating pad for my feet in my bed right now. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so wish I loved big baggy sweatshirts. Everyone else always looks so comfortable when I see them wearing them...but I just don't like them. I LOVE singing with family. It's amazing. And bookstores. And puzzles. And fresh clean sheets. And productive days. And Disney movies. And the Messiah. And coloring. You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are awesome, Beck. I will forever be sad too that I missed the Sound of Music experience! I want to hear it recounted again the next time we are together! I remember it was hilarious! And as dar as everything else goes, you nailed so many perfect things to be thankful for. The only two I could possibly think to add yo the great list would be makeup and PJs. :)

    ReplyDelete